Virtual Walking - A Pilgrimage Path in France
Adult Programs / Adult Health, Fitness, & Recreation -
Travel isn't easy right now, but we can dream! Join us on this live virtual pilgrimage in France from the Loire Valley to Mont St. Michel! Not only will you be walking to St. Michel in a month, but you will be learning about the places we are passing, including virtual tours, history, culture, and more! From the dreamy Loire River Valley of castles and vineyards to the dramatically vast bay of Mont St Michel, you will pass through small villages and towns that have been silent witnesses to pilgrims through the ages.
We encourage you to walk the distance each week in your own neighborhood. 40 miles per week of walking, running yoga, house cleaning, grocery shopping, snow shoveling, etc. add up to mileage. You set your pace and keep track on your own. Use a Fitbit-type device and keep track as you wish - it's an honor system.
There will be written and video content each week:
- Saturdays: Live Stream Event - this hour long virtual tour will be recorded and can be watched anytime
- Mondays: Culture, history
- Wednesdays: Wellness tips, yoga for walkers, nutrition ideas, etc.
- Fridays: Food and wine focus with pre-recorded content
What do I need for this class?
1) A good pair of walking shoes/hiking boots
2) A Fitbit or an alternate method to keep track of distance (remember we will supply you with a conversion table to refer to for all your other daily activities that add up to mileage!)
3) A sense of curiosity & adventure - this is our maiden virtual voyage and we are so excited to do this with you!
4) A computer or phone to access the virtual walk.
What do you get from this fitness adventure?
1) Live Stream events every Saturday - Patrick will broadcast from France and discuss details about where we are on the path. Normally 9am-10am on Saturdays. These live events will be recorded and will be accessible for your viewing at your leisure. All content will be available to you through our My Coach app, private Facebook group and YouTube group.
2) A coaching app to keep you motivated! - After registering you will get a welcome email from our coaching app that will instruct you in downloading the app "My Coach". You will get a daily email each day for a month with lessons and information. The app will direct you to written and video content to help guide you on our virtual pilgrimage path.
3) Facebook Private Group to connect and motivate! - Share your experience with others in the group - what are your favorite walking shoes? How are you doing with staying motivated? What activities are you doing to add up the miles?
Chris was bitten with the travel bug when she was 9 years old. Her parents took her and her siblings to visit relatives in Seattle that summer and she was hooked. Since that time, she has traveled to many amazing places in this world, France being her second home outside the US. As a tour guide in France for over 20 years, her love for the country has only grown. She wants to share that love with you and give you a taste of the country's beauty and culture!