Adobe Illustrator Essentials
Adult Programs / Professional Development -
Adult Online Professional & Personal Development 2021-2022
Learn Adobe Illustrator fundamentals to set up a print document and use various tools to draw, type and color all kinds of shapes and illustrations. Discover how to efficiently manage layers and artboards, and create print-ready PDF documents. Access to Adobe Illustrator software required.
This course can be taken alone or as part of the 3 course Graphic Design Software Essentials Certificate.
Unit 1: Getting to Know the Interface and Drawing Tools
- Interface menus, tools and panels.
- Working with various drawing and transformation tools
- Drawing anything from simple to complex shapes and illustrations.
Unit 2: Working with Color and Text
- Working with color panels in the software
- Creating, managing and applying color and color groups
- Learning how to type and format text using various text formatting and styling tools and panels.
Unit 3: Working with Layers and Pen tool
- Layers and layer management.
- Working with the Pen tool.
- Modifying a drawing using Pen tool options.
Unit 4: Working with Artboards
- Creating and managing multiple Artboards
- Learning how to layout and design corporate package
- Business cards, letterhead and envelopes
- Creating print-ready PDF files
For more information, visit our question and answer page - Click Here.
Andy Helmi is a graphic and website designer, technical consultant and an online marketing specialist located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. His education background includes over ten years of academic training in electronic/computer engineering, graphic and web design, music and digital photography.
Andy’s professional experience in digital media started in 1996. He has worked for a few companies and also has been running his own freelance design business ever since.
Andy also has passion for teaching. He is an Adobe certified instructor and has completed “BC Instructional Skills” certification. He has been developing courses/programs and teaching at several local colleges and universities including Vancouver School Board, Vancouver Community College, Langara College and Kwantlen Polytechnic University.