Cash Is King
Adult Programs / Professional Development -
Adult Online Professional & Personal Development Spring-Summer 2022
Cash is arguably the most important factor in business success. It is the non-financial manager who really makes a difference in the day-to-day cash activities. Discover how to maximize cash flow, learn the importance of cash and find out your role in cash flow success.
This course can be taken alone or as part of the 3 course Certificate in Accounting and Finance For Non-Financial Managers.
Unit 1: Cash Flow Strategies
- Why cash is so important in business
- What are the cash-critical stages in business
- What internal sources of cash are possible
- What potential external sources of cash there are
Unit 2: Reporting and Evaluating Cash Flow
- Review of the Cash Flow Statement
- Review of Projected Cash Flow Report
- What the Cash Cycle communicates
- What improvements can be made to shorten the cash cycle
- Calculating cash cycle
Unit 3: Projecting Cash Needs
- How much cash the business needs
- When cash injections are needed
- Which cash needs will internal sources be able to cover
- Which cash needs must be met through external sources
- Making comparisons with other businesses in the same industry
Unit 4: Funding Requests
- What debt sources of cash are possible
- What are the potential equity sources of cash
- What requirements different funding sources have
- Making a pitch to investors
- Approaching potential lenders for financing
For more information, visit our question and answer page - Click Here.
Jodie Trana has had a career in business consulting and financial management. She then started a consulting and training organization offering educational consulting services to organizations such as the Kauffman Foundation, the largest foundation devoted to entrepreneurship. Jodie contributed the financial chapters for Kauffman’s textbooks and managed the curriculum design and facilitation process for their entrepreneurship educational programs. Her content specialties include accounting, financial analysis, business planning, cash flow analysis, and funding request analysis. Her background includes business and financial management in consulting, construction, non-profit, healthcare, and retail industries.