Advanced Live Online/Zoom Instructor Training **New**
Adult Programs / Professional Development -
Adult Online Professional & Personal Development Spring-Summer 2022
Take your Live Online teaching to the next level for greater student satisfaction, learning, completion and retention. Come away with information you can use Monday morning. Discover practical, how-to tips and techniques, plus the pedagogy of Live Online teaching. Taught by one of the foremost teachers of adults.
The Pedagogy of Live Online
- What’s different, what’s the same in teaching Live Online
- What transfers from in-person teaching, what doesn’t
- Key distinctions and definitions of hybrid, asynchronous, and other online teaching modalities
- Advantages online teaching offers you as an instructor
The Five Step Model
- The five essential features of planning your Live Online course
- Designing C-I-A, content, interaction and assessment
- Time frames and creating time blocks for maximum engagement.
- Developing your all-important first (their first) class
- Addressing the biggest stumbling block to success online
- Killer techniques to create learning and smiles
- Proven best practices that work.
- The top ten best engagement techniques for Live Online classes
Best Presentation Techniques
- The 7 ways to vary your voice
- Best hand movements to reinforce your points
- Biggest mistakes in presenting Live Online classes
- Making your slides more visual for greater learning
For more information, visit our question and answer page - Click Here.
William A. Draves is one of the foremost authorities in the world on teaching online. More than 6,000 faculty and teachers have taken this course. He did his graduate work in education, with an emphasis on adult education, from The George Washington University in Washington DC.
Draves has taught for over thirty years, including teaching at the graduate level. His books include "How to Teach Adults," the most popular book ever written on the subject, and "Energizing the Learning Environment."
He has been interviewed by Wired.com, The New York Times, NPR, NBC Nightly News, Washington Post, Virtual University News, Chronicle of Higher Education and other national media.
Draves is author of the book, "Advanced Teaching Online," which is used as the text book for this course. This course is part of the Certified Online Instructor (COI) designation, the most recognized certification for online teaching in higher education.