Supervisory & Leadership Certificate
Adult Programs / Professional Development -
Adult Online Professional & Personal Development Fall 2022
Your employees are your most valuable resources. Get practical, easy to understand, and insightful methods for new and experienced supervisors and managers. Learn about effective delegation, performance management, and writing performance reviews. Discuss strategies for improving your overall effectiveness as a leader. Obtain practical information along with tips and techniques that can be applied at your job immediately.
Unit 1: Understanding the Role of the Supervisor
- Covers the specifics of the supervisor's role and responsibilities, and strategies for improving your overall effectiveness as a leader.
- Discussion and workshop exercises illustrate ways to save time and effort by understanding the benefits of the functions of management and how to leverage each for maximum productivity.
- This training is a MUST for new and even experienced supervisors and managers.
Unit 2: Effective Delegation
- Discusses the numerous benefits of delegation, why it is so hard for leaders to do effectively, and what you and your staff can gain from delegation.
- Exercises include practice using the 6-step Delegation Model.
- Students are encouraged to use any example from work they feel can help them improve their delegation skills.
Unit 3: Performance Management
- Outlines how to identify, define, and address poor as well as proficient behaviors to facilitate maximum employee performance and engagement.
- Techniques include how to recognize problem behavior before it progresses, how to reward the right behavior, and ways to motivate strong performers other than pay.
Unit 4: Writing Performance Reviews
- Demystifies the process by providing simple step-by-step methods for identifying what to include in a review, how to deal with specific performance issues, how to keep track of accomplishments and problems during the year, and motivate employees through goal setting, and how to deliver the review once it is complete.
For more information, visit our question and answer page -Click Here.
Sally Klauss, MBA, CPCC, has an extensive background in management, employee training and development, total quality management and business management. She is also a leadership coach specializing in management development. Klauss is a popular online instructor teaching several other courses as well.